Anyhow, my blog is now with Wix and while there are a few minor things that bug me or more so are probably things I would like Wix to have/allow, in general it is really good for what I need. There is one thing however that it doesn't have and is unlikely to have in the future, which has an impact on how many people read the blog and visit the site. While I do have a reasonable number of people visiting the site, with new visitors most months, along with the regular return visitors (I use google analytics), I would really like to see my site and blog reach a wider audience.
For the most part I generally blog about Mental Health, my personal experiences with Mental Illness along with random blogs about other stuff. One of the other reasons I liked the idea of moving my blog to my own site etc was that there wasn't as many rules and conditions, predominately those referring to the kind of language used. I dont swear extensively but I do swear a bit, there really isn't much way around it for me. Mental Illness sucks and it sucks more than you can really appreciate if you do not suffer from it and sometimes the only word that expresses exactly what you are trying to convey is an expletive.
My blog is available on it's own site, along with other stuff like;
- The draft of what has been completed for my book "A Mind Not My Own". This book is regarding my struggles and experiences with Mental Illness from around the time I started being treated for OCD going forward. I haven't finished it yet, its a work in progress, but as I complete parts or do re-writes I upload them to my site for people to check out.
There is a TED Talks Video which I highly recommend that anyone who has experienced depression, knows someone who has depression or wants to understand depression, watch the video. After years of seeing mental health professionals not once had depression been so clearly explained. - Some information about who I am. I think if your going to read my blogs, books etc then you should know who I am.
- There is also information about and links to The Steptoe Lodge Alliance. This is a site I am working on which at it's core is a site dedicated to promoting the creative works of those affected by Mental Illness sufferers, friends, family and carers.
No comments:
Post a Comment